Sunday, July 27, 2014

Week 5 Engagement Activity: Creating a zooming presentation in Prezi

Playing around with Prezi

Prezi is completely new to me, and I must admit my opinion in the past has been: ‘isn't it the same thing as PowerPoint?’
Explorations this week have enabled me to see that Prezi is far more than a basic digital presentation tool. In applying the tools and linking capabilities, it enables users to present ideas and information in a non-linear format. This capacity for non-linear presentation enables the scaffolding of information through the zoom tool and multiple presentation entry points. 

I initially had a little difficulty navigating the available tools and finding what I needed however, once I gained a little experience with the format, creating an interactive presentation with Prezi became an enjoyable task. I created a simple book review for my first Prezi attempt, which includes zoom elements and an audio soundtrack. I can see primary learners using Prezi to create and present book reports in a similar way.

No comments:

Post a Comment